hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Starry SHI <starr...@gmail.com>
Subject permission control in HDFS
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:22:42 GMT
Hi.

I wonder how permission control can be used in HDFS?

I am using hadoop 0.20.1, and I have 3 user accessing to HDFS. I use user1's
account to create a file and chmod 600 to this file in HDFS. However, I
tried to use user2 and user3's account to access the file belonging to
user1, they can still read  the contents of the file!!! This means the
permission control is no use in HDFS.

What I tried to do is to avoid user2 and user3 to read the file from user1
stored in HDFS. In the configuration I have already set dfs.permissions as
"true". Can somebody tell me how to enable permission control in HDFS?

Best regards,
Starry

/* Tomorrow is another day. So is today. */