hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Starry SHI <starr...@gmail.com>
Subject how to assign each hadoop user to different group?
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:11:29 GMT
Hi.

My Hadoop cluster (0.20.1) has multiple users. When I use different user's
account to create a file in HDFS, I find that no matter what group the user
belonging to in Linux, the files in HDFS indicate that they belongs to
userX, supergroup. I wonder why all users are belonging to group
"supergroup"? Is there any way that the users can be assigned to different
groups in HDFS? I want to have them belong to different groups, so that the
user belongs to group A (say, oridinary user) cannot access to group B (e.g.
administrator group)?

Hope to hear from your solutions soon!

Starry

/* Tomorrow is another day. So is today. */