hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Patch Failing because src/contrib/eclipse-plugin does not exist in trunk
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 18:20:29 GMT
Hi Folks

I am trying to apply the patch I have attached at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-6360 to check-in the fix for
the eclipse-plugin. I have followed all the steps on
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute and have run apply-patch
against trunk locally and therefore am able to verify the same apply-patch
failure on Hudson.

The patch is failing because in the Hadoop trunk, there is no
src/contrib/eclipse-plugin/* . I'm not really sure why this is. In hadoop
0.20.1 , the eclipse-plugin was skipped in the build (i.e. not in the
contrib directory) but it was in the src/contrib directory. Can somebody
explain what I need to do get this patch applied ?

Kind regards
Steve Watt