hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-758 in Hadoop-21 , Updates to Namenode health page
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 22:27:48 GMT
On 12/7/09 2:00 PM, "Sanjay Radia" <sradia@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Allen raises a good point that the rest of the community may  not need
> some of the features that Yahoo finds useful internally.

FWIW, I have no real issues with the change itself. I'm much more concerned
that a UI enhancement was deemed so critical. So important was this
enhancement that it required a vote for back porting after feature freeze.
Meanwhile, other fixes and changes that do not impact Yahoo! for which
patches have existed for a long time, sit there idle, uncommitted.

It makes me wonder what the priorities truly are.  What does feature freeze
actually mean?