hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-758 in Hadoop-21 , Updates to Namenode health page
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 01:11:35 GMT
Looking it the patch it isn't obvious that this port should create any extra
verification effort from the quality standpoint. Thus, it won't delay 0.21
release, IMO.

+1 to back port it.
--
With best regards,
	Konstantin Boudnik (aka Cos)

         Yahoo! Grid Computing
         +1 (408) 349-4049

2CAC 8312 4870 D885 8616  6115 220F 6980 1F27 E622
Attention! Streams of consciousness are disallowed

On 11/25/09 12:46 , Allen Wittenauer wrote:

>      Then you'll have no issues patching other things in 0.21 that are actual
> bug fixes that also meet this criteria, right?  Or does this only apply to
> things that Yahoo! is hitting/deemed worthy?
>

> On 11/25/09 12:03 PM, "Tsz Wo (Nicholas), Sze"<s29752-hadoopdev@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 on committing it to 0.21
>>
>> I also agree that it does not impact the 0.21 release since the patch is
>> already done.  The argument of not committing it to 0.21 would be either (1)
>> the patch is not safe, or (2) the patch is not that useful.  I don't see they
>> are the cases here.
>>
>> Nicholas Sze

All its