hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A beginner question
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:51:17 GMT
On Thu Neo Anderson <javadeveloper999@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I am interested in distributed computing and would like to learn core
> concept e.g. MapReduce. However, I am new to Hadoop. So I get a
> question - is there any simple task (e.g. jira issue) that would be
> good for a beginner to start with?

Before going into jira and looking for issues to improve Hadoop, you
should probably first get acquainted with Hadoop as a user.

As suggested earlier already, reading the original Map Reduce paper
should help already.

The next step would be to go to the Hadoop web page and work through
the tutorial. Also look at the examples that come with the Hadoop
distribution.

Isabel