hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Templeton <Dan.Temple...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Hadoop on Sun Solaris
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:09:37 GMT
I'm using it on Solaris without any problem.  Of course, I'm just using
the provided JAR files.  As long as you have all the right pieces, e.g.
ant, javac, the libraries, you should be able to build.

Daniel

Palikala, Rajendra (CCL) wrote:
> Can I build Hadoop on Sun Solaris. The documentation says it is only supported on Linux,
Open Solaris and on Windows for Dev purposes. I want to build a prototype on Hadoop on our
existing OS which is Sun Solaris. This is purely for proto-typing purposes only. As Hadoop
is completely written in Java, I think I can install on Hadoop. Please advise.