hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Shvachko <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-758 in Hadoop-21 , Updates to Namenode health page
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:31:47 GMT
+1
I am in favor of committing this to 0.21 because imo it is
not a new HDFS feature but rather an improvement of web UI.

Allen Wittenauer wrote:
 >     Then you'll have no issues patching other things in 0.21 that are actual
 > bug fixes that also meet this criteria, right?  Or does this only apply to
 > things that Yahoo! is hitting/deemed worthy?

I don't see what is the problem here.
Yahoo! developers detected, fixed and tested the problem, then called for a vote for inclusion.
If others have similar critical problems, they can also fix them and call for a vote.

I might miss some context here, could you please clarify.

Thanks,
--Konstantin