hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From smarthr...@yahoo.co.in
Subject Re: Checking out Hadoop source code in Eclipse
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:40:46 GMT
@ gaurav - yep did check the project build path
@ amogh - yep. Had referred to this vid too . Followed the same steps as shown in the vid.
@ philip - yep did a compile with compile-core-test as well as eclipse-files

The errors still persist .

Regards,
Hrishi

________________________________
From: Gaurav Sharma <gaurav.gs.sharma@gmail.com>
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; smarthrish@yahoo.co.in
Sent: Tue, November 3, 2009 2:00:01 PM
Subject: Re: Checking out Hadoop source code in Eclipse

Please check your project build-path.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:28 PM, <smarthrish@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> [...]
   line 160    Java Problem
>>FileOutputFormat cannot be resolved    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 161    Java Problem
>>JobClient cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 486    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 123    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 145    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 145    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 192    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 220    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 263    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 300    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 487    Java Problem
>>JobID cannot be resolved    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 495    Java Problem
>>JobID cannot be resolved    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 509    Java Problem
>>JobID cannot be resolved    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 511    Java Problem
>>TaskReport cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 509    Java Problem
>>TaskReport cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 510    Java Problem
>>TaskReport cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 522    Java Problem
>>TaskReport cannot be resolved to a type    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 544    Java Problem
>>The declared package "org.apache.hadoop.mapred" does not match the expected package
"gridmix2.src.java.org.apache.hadoop.mapred"    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 19    Java Problem

>The method createJob(String[]) from the type CombinerJobCreator refers to the missing
type JobConf    GridMixRunner.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 220    Java Problem

>FileInputFormat cannot be resolved    GenericMRLoadJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 52    Java Problem
>>FileInputFormat cannot be resolved    GenericMRLoadJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 69    Java Problem
>>FileOutputFormat cannot be resolved    GenericMRLoadJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 47    Java Problem
>>JobClient cannot be resolved to a type    GenericMRLoadJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 58    Java Problem
>>JobClient cannot be resolved to a type    GenericMRLoadJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 58    Java Problem
>>The declared package "org.apache.hadoop.mapred" does not match the expected package
"gridmix2.src.java.org.apache.hadoop.mapred"    GenericMRLoadJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 19    Java Problem

>FileInputFormat cannot be resolved    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 84    Java Problem
>>FileOutputFormat cannot be resolved    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 86    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 64    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 65    Java Problem
>>JobConf cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 65    Java Problem
>>Mapper cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 33    Java Problem
>>MapReduceBase cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 32    Java Problem
>>MapReduceBase cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 50    Java Problem
>>OutputCollector cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 39    Java Problem
>>Reducer cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 51    Java Problem
>>Reporter cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 40    Java Problem
>>Reporter cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 55    Java Problem
>>The declared package "org.apache.hadoop.mapred" does not match the expected package
"gridmix2.src.java.org.apache.hadoop.mapred"    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 19    Java Problem

>OutputCollector cannot be resolved to a type    CombinerJobCreator.java    /hadoop/src/benchmarks/gridmix2/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/mapred
   line 54    Java Problem

>>The version of Eclipse I am running is : Eclipse Galileo
>>Java Version : 1.6
>>OS : Mac OS 10.5
>
>>Any pointers on getting the hadoop build runnning in Eclipse will highly be appreciated
.

>>Regards,
>>Hrishi

>>Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!
>
>http://www.flickr.com/gift/

Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new Yahoo! Canada
Messenger for the Web BETA at http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php