hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jay Booth <jaybo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to develop webapps of hadoop?
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:21:55 GMT
Seems like better webapps could be developed independently of Cloudera
desktop, people won't necessarily have the GUI installed everywhere, or at
all..

Zhiyuan, the hadoop webapps are run out of an embedded jetty instance that's
started by NameNode, DataNode, JobTracker and TaskTracker at startup time --
the daemon starts a jetty httpserver with the given WEB-INF directory and
configures it at runtime.  struts 2.0 is probably a bit heavyweight, maybe
you could ask around as far as what kinds of features people would like to
see, or suggest a few, and get an idea of what to build?  Maybe something
simple to start?