hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From vsmingren <07281...@bjtu.edu.cn>
Subject How to develop webapps of hadoop?
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:06:11 GMT
Dear friends:

	I'm a student of the Bjtu university in China.

	I have learned Hadoop for some days. I find that the webapps of Hadoop,
such as hdfs webapps(http://localhost:50070), are not easy to use and
their functions are so few.

	I want develop some new webapps base on Web 2.0, making it easier to
interact and more flexible and having more functions.

	I'm familiar with Java Jsp Struts2.0 Spring and so on. I am confident
to complete it. But now I meet some problem.

	Because I am always using Tomcat as Web Server, I don't know where the
hadoop server is located.
	1. I modified the file(hadoop/webapps/hdfs/WEB-INF/web.xml) and add
class to hadoop-0.19.2-core.jar, but it doesn't work.
	2. I modified index.html. But when I input http://localhost:50070 into
browse address, it show the original page.

	I really don't how to begin. Can you help me?
	1. What should I learn?
	2. How to develop these webapps?
	3. I'll appreciate it if you tell how to develop these webapps with
struts 2.0?

	I'm looking forward to your reply.
	Thank you very much.

Yours