hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Zeyliger <phi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we freeze the public stable APIs after 0.21.0?
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:36:04 GMT
I did a quick grep, and--perhaps I'm missing something--no interfaces are
currently marked as InterfaceStability.Stable.  FileContext is the only
interface that uses the org.apache.hadoop.classification package.
 (Well, QueueManagerTestUtils has it commented out...)
Do you have a proposed list of classes to be marked
@InterfaceStability.Stable?

I think your question is whether we are committed to keeping the APIs marked
as stable in the course of 0.22 development to remain so through 1.0.  (You
wrote 0.21.0 below, but you probably meant 0.22.0.)  Yes, +1.

What's our commitment to methods that are @Deprecated within 0.22's
@InterfaceStability.Stable classes?  (I don't know that there are any, but I
bet there are or will be.)

-- Philip