hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Potential GPL waiver oversight in Hadoop
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:20:04 GMT
I'm sending this to common list because license issues can have effects on
the entire release.

I've noticed (in Hadoop 0.20.0) that the src/c++/libhdfs/aclocal.m4 has a
GPL license but no waiver in it. The other aclocal.m4 files in the
src/native and src/c++ all contain the waiver below:

# As a special exception to the GNU General Public License, if you
# distribute this file as part of a program that contains a
# configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
# the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.

I presume this is an oversight. Can anyone who worked on these scripts
confirm ?

Kind regards
Steve Watt