hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Zeyliger <phi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: different modes of inter process communication
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:00:08 GMT
It's not complete nor authoritative, but
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/08/14/hadoop-default-ports-quick-reference/
has a table of what ports which daemons have open, and what protocol
they use to communicate.  Most communication is Hadoop IPC, but
there's some raw socket stuff for the datanodes, and there's some HTTP
too.

-- Philip