hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Shvachko <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Push back code freeze for 0.21
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 23:18:34 GMT
I would like to clarify the append plans.
Right now according to our planning schedule we need about
8 weeks to complete the implementation of the design.
This will include all the functionality and unit testing
according to the test plan.

September 4 deadline gives us about 6 weeks to commit the features.
Which is 2 weeks short off our schedule.
This of course if the implementation will not go much faster than we predicted :-).

So, we can either move the freeze a couple of weeks further ahead.
Or we can also use some help from the people familiar with the design.
E.g. there is a lot of hours scheduled to unit test writing using fault
injection, etc.

Thanks,
--Konstantin