hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Developing cross-component patches post-split
Date Sat, 18 Jul 2009 04:13:16 GMT
Giridharan Kesavan wrote:
> I agree with you on this;
> We have some common places on people server
> people.apache.org/repo and people.apache.org/repository but I've not seen any ivy artifacts
being published there.

Writing things there causes them to be published to repo{1,2}.maven.org.

For example, I copied the Avro release files to:

and 24 hours later they are at:

where they can be used as Maven and Ivy dependencies and found by Maven
search engines:

FWIW, I used Ivy's makepom Ant task and Ant's checksum Task to create
these files, then ran gpg manaually to sign them, as with normal Apache
releases, then used scp to post them to people.apache.org.  I created
the maven-metadata.xml files by hand, although I'm not sure they're
required.  YMMV.

I have not used the snapshot repositories, but they should behave similarly.

View raw message