hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Enis Soztutar <enis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Developing cross-component patches post-split
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 08:21:32 GMT
I have been using ivy for a multi-module project which have similar
independent modules built separately.

I think the way to got is like :
1. Let the projects be checked out independently and in arbitrary
directory structure
2. Define ivy repositories in the following order : local, maven
3. Add ivy-publish-local targets which publishes jars to local ivy
repository, with publish.status="integration"
4. Add common as a dependency to mapred and hdfs in ivy.xml (not checked
in as jar, or svn:external)
 <dependency name="hadoop-common" rev="latest.integration" changing="true"/>
 changing="true" forces to refresh the cache in case a new version is
deployed locally.

for example when building  mapred, if common is deployed locally it is
used, if not it is fetched from maven (assuming we have deployed to maven).

I'm not so sure about rev="latest.integration" will work for fetching
from maven, but if not, we can plug our LatestStrategy to ivy.

ref:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/ivyfile/dependency.html