hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Philip Zeyliger <phi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Developing cross-component patches post-split
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 06:16:10 GMT

> For example,
>  ant test
> does the same as it does now, but
>  ant -Dhadoop.common.jar=/home/dhruba/common/hadoop-common.jar test will
> pick up the common jar from my home directory.

+1; we'll also need the same sort of thing for the daemons.

Regardless of whether or not jars are checked in, something like this is a
must.

A last Hudson-approved maven target would be very useful, too, especially
for folks wishing to depend on a bleeding edge but not bloody version.  But
there's no need that those built binaries need to go into the same
repository as the source: Hudson could manage them in a separate repository
(or even directory structure).

-- Philip