hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From George Kovoor <kovoor.geo...@googlemail.com>
Subject Running hadoop in standalone mode using Eclipse
Date Sun, 14 Jun 2009 17:31:53 GMT
Hi,
I would like know how to run hadoop in standalone mode within eclipse, I am
able to run it from outside eclipse, using
/bin/hadoop <fully qualified classname> <args>
>From within eclipse I keep getting the following errors even after setting
the working directory to the root install path

(org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration).
    at
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getLocalPath(Configuration.java:788)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobConf.getLocalPath(JobConf.java:232)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.<init>(LocalJobRunner.java:83)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner.submitJob(LocalJobRunner.java:306)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:843)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1142)
    at org.apache.hadoop.examples.WordCount.run(WordCount.java:154)
    at org.apache.hadoop.examples.WordCount.main(WordCount.java:160)

It is definitively a configuration error, I would like to know the conf
parameter that I need to include in the class file.

Thanks
George.