hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Lukáš Vlček <lukas.vl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New subproject logos
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:39:56 GMT
Hi,
Did you try to read the logo when it gets small? I mean, was the intention
to distinguish the subproject just based on the lenght of the yellow text
below the Hadoop text? I think it gets unreadable when it gets small. What
if there will be a new subproject in the future having subname of the same
(more or less) lenght as "common". How would they differ?

Don't get me wrong, it is not personal. I think I know how hard it is to
create a good logo and I also know that the community sometimes tends to
accept early suggestions without healthy critics. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Lukas