hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more information about project split
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:20:02 GMT
Amr Awadallah wrote:
> To re-iterate, not all JIRAs are imporant to me, there are some key
> ones that I would like to get all updates on, and there are others that
> I would just like to check once in a while but don't really have
> capacity to be getting email updates for. How do we accommodate that?

I think the currently favored proposal (4) can meet your needs.  Under
this, Jira will only send messages to the -dev list when issues are
created or resolved.  All other Jira messages will go to just the
-issues list.  (Commits are already routed only to the -commits list.)

You would subscribe to the -dev list but not the -issues list.  On
seeing a create message, you can elect in Jira to watch an issue to
receive all updates to that issue.  Folks who want to see all issue
updates might subscribe to the -issues and -commits lists as well.

Does this meet your needs?

Doug