hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Amr Awadallah <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: more information about project split
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 17:03:58 GMT
Steve and co,

  I would really appreciate if you guys can propose a solution that
works for me, I am sorry if I am coming across as a pain in the behind,
but please help :)

  To re-iterate, not all JIRAs are imporant to me, there are some key
ones that I would like to get all updates on, and there are others that
I would just like to check once in a while but don't really have
capacity to be getting email updates for. How do we accommodate that?

the individual jiras? Can we create a separate mail list (e.g.
core-dev-create@) so I get an alert email when new issues are created
and then selectively watch/follow?

  Here is an example of recently filed JIRA that I don't really need to
get all updates on:

  And here is an example of one that I would like to get all updates on:

  I really don't want to complicate things for the heavy weight
developers who want to be monitoring every single update going on for
every single JIRA, but at the same time I would really appreciate if you
guys can figure out a solution that works for somebody like me.

Thanks,

-- amr