hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Amr Awadallah <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: more information about project split
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 00:36:07 GMT

I like Owen's approach better, we will get an email every time a ticket
is created or resolved, and we can selectively watch the one's you want
to see immediate updates on. That strikes the proper balance between
being informed of what is going on without being flooded. It also had
the added benefit of measuring the interest for a certain jira based on
how many watchers it has.

A possible compromise would be to create a list like hdfs-dev-watcher@
which gets emails for all jira events, and folks how want to be watching
everything can subscribe to that.

-- amr