hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more information about project split
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:03:38 GMT
I really prefer the current approach, but clearly we need to reach
consensus. Last week we had a case where a developer sent to the users
lists because he thought that dev was reserved for jira traffic. That
is a bad sign. Doug is the most prolific non-jira poster to core-dev
and in 37th place. I think the community is better served by having a
mailing list that is dominated by people posting rather than a deluge
of jira traffic.

Choices:
   1. create/resolve/close to dev
   2. create/resolve/close to dev, others to jira
   3. create/comment/resolve/close to dev
   4. all to dev

The problem with 3 is that you can add comments on most of the
actions. So either you capture all events or you only capture part of
the comments.

-- Owen