hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "Sharad Agarwal" <shara...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: PROJECTS SPLIT
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:47:51 GMT
Scripts are broken. The hadoop-config.sh creates the classpath from jars in build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/.
This ivy jar path is now changed in the subprojects as follows:
common has jars in build/ivy/lib/Hadoop-Core/
hdfs has jars in build/ivy/lib/Hadoop-Hdfs/
mapreduce has jars in build/ivy/lib/Hadoop/
Either we use same path across all subprojects or change the hadoop-config.sh to look for
all three.

Also scripts are only available in common. Should we make an external link in hdfs and mapreduce
for "bin" folder pointing to "common/trunk/bin" for now ?

Eventually we will have to move the individual scripts to respective projects and point to
the dependencies using environment variables for home directories of common, hdfs and mapreduce.

- Sharad