hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: 0.19.2 release needed
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 20:09:14 GMT
Yes, my previous message is really a question as to the status of the 0.19 branch in the community.
If it is essentially dead, I'd like to know ASAP and figure out how to migrate elsewhere soon.
 If it has life left, it looks ripe for another cut.

Rolling backwards to 0.18 faces several problems., and its unclear if 0.20 is better or worse
than 0.19.1.

Thanks All,

-Scott

On 5/27/09 12:49 PM, "Doug Cutting" <cutting@apache.org> wrote:

Scott Carey wrote:
> I would like to see a 0.19.2 release soon.

Any committer can build a release candidate and call a release vote.
Are there any committers sympathetic to Scott who would like to
volunteer to drive the 0.19.2 release forward?  I think Y! skipped
directly from 0.18 to 0.20, and so is less inclined to make 0.19 releases.

Doug