hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject 0.19.2 release needed
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 18:47:37 GMT
I would like to see a 0.19.2 release soon.

0.19.2 appears to be stalled.  I would like to see the stalled items pushed to 19.3 and a
release of the more important items already fixed soon.  Most of the more important fixes
are already released in 0.20.0 . . .

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP/fixforversion/12313650

19.2 currently has 20 Critical fixes that were resolved or closed since 19.1 and many other
important improvements.
Many open issues have not been touched in a month or more.

I have been hit by the following fixed issues recently, and indications based on comments
in the core-user mailing list is that I'm not alone:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5465
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5241
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5231
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5269

Its probably safe to say that using the 0.19.2 unreleased branch right now is probably a much
more stable and safe version than the released 0.19.1.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310240&fixfor=12313650&resolution=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

The main issues pending are appends / sync() related and should be moved off to 19.3 - or
forever as recent comments indicate this may wait until 0.21.

Additionally many of the current open tickets have patches and are close to being closed out.
 Yet, 75%  of these haven't been touched in 3+ weeks.

Thanks,

-Scott