hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: project split coming soon!
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 21:36:14 GMT
I would like to propose an alternative: the "GRAND-FATHER"-ing proposal to
make all existing hadoop committers be committers on all three new
sub-projects. And then adopt a process to create new committers specific to
one sub-project. There are two main reasons for doing this:

1. The proposal of breaking up the existing set of committers into
individual sub-projects seem to be adhoc. I would hate to support a scheme
that causes more controversy, especially among the core set of committers.

2. I have never seen an existing committer abuse his
priviledge/responsibility to commit code that is not approved by the
community-at-large

thanks,
dhruba