hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS Append status ?
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 17:44:41 GMT
My opinion is that HADOOP-5744 does nor change the major semantics that were
laid out in HADOOP-1700... e.g single appender, new reads see flushed data,
etc.etc If you can post your design on hdfs byzantine fault tolerant and
then describe the assumptions of hdfs-appends that it relies on, that will
be great.

thanks,
dhruba