hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS Append status ?
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 08:20:08 GMT
The code for "append" is not supported in stable releases. The .doc from
HADOOP-1700 explains the semantics of "append". There are quite a few open
issues that need to be addressed before "append" is production ready for
general applications, i.e. HADOOP-4663, HADOOP-4379, HADOOP-5027 among
others.

what type of application do you have that wants to use "append"?

thanks
dhruba