hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: project split coming soon!
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 11:19:35 GMT
Doug Cutting wrote:

> An alternative might be to put everyone on all the lists, then, in a
> year, remove those who've not committed to a subproject.  That might be
> simpler to implement.  I would not veto either approach.  Owen is
> willing to do the work here, and I'm willing to let him decide.

This makes it easier for all projects to show critical mass.

Is one of the intents of the split to move things to different release
cycles? If it is, I can see that getting complex. I'd try and keep
things fairly locked down/synchronized, even if you have different lists
and some people without commit rights to the whole codebase.

-steve