hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building & testing Hadoop w/ IntelliJ IDEA
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:59:23 GMT
Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> I'm wondering if someone here is using IDEA (v. > 7.0.5) to build and run unit tests
on Hadoop? I have found this page http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopUnderIDEA all the instructions.
However, when I run the tests I see some error messages during the make phase.

> The errors are like
>   cannot find symbol class MiniDFSCluster
> And so on. The same classes are found during normal make phase though. And the lines
where these errors are reported aren't highlighted by the IDEA itself.

> It seems to me, that I'm having some issues with Junit configuration how, which is kinda
weird, because I'm using Hadoop classpath settings for the Junit run.

> Did anyone see something similar and was able to fix it? Any help will be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>   Cos

I started the wiki page, but I just use the command line to build/run
the tests. my IDE does see the MiniDFSCluster though, at least in the
source of all the tests