hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Please do not commit!!!
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:58:53 GMT
Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> HADOOP-3628 was just committed to trunk I believe by mistake.
> Looks like it was intended for the HADOOP-3628 branch.
> Please hold on with commits until this is reverted.
> Thanks
> --Konstantin

Konstantin -sorry for causing trouble. I'd seen that the text file had
seemed to have gone in the right place so I pushed out the rest, but
clearly SmartSVN had a different idea. I shall let any of your
colleagues ask questions at apachecon about whether or not I understand
how to use svn switch properly as part of the public humiliation for this.

Incidentally, because I dont trust svn switch that much, for our work
releases we have forked vmware images for cutting releases of different
branches -that not only guarantees that the wrong branch is never
touched, it stops the .ivy repository accidentally containing artifacts
from other builds, and ensures that the releases are from unmodified
files. But I don't see that working for the main development cycle. I
will rm and then check out the branch clean, to ensure my machines are
fully bonded to the branch.

Again, many apologies to everyone.

steve