hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject creating a branch for Hadoop-3628
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:01:24 GMT

Following up the discussion we had recently on doing big changes via Git
versus hadoop branches, can we try this out by creating a branch for the
service lifecycle stuff, HADOOP-3628

I will put my changes in there and bring it up in sync with SVN_HEAD on
a regular basis, while I get the proposal into state that people are
happy with.

-this will let me hook our local hudson server up to it
-it will make it easier for me to work across machines
-I'm talking on this topic at apachecon, and it would be better to say
"play with this branch" rather than "apply these patches to SVN head"

I have all the signoff from HP management to grant the code to apache,
so there are no barriers to putting this stuff into the apache SVN
repository.

If people are happy with the idea, I will work with somebody competent
(Nigel?) to put in a branch and put my changes into it. Right now my
code is in sync with SVN head, unit tests seem to be working, etc, etc,
so it's only SVN that I need to set up

-steve