hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Raghu Angadi <rang...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Contributing to hadoop
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:08:15 GMT
Ajit Ratnaparkhi wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your help.
>
> I tried the above mentioned script(one mentioned by Raghu), but whenever i
> execute it, following message gets displayed,
> *datanode running as process <process_id>. Stop it first*.
> I am starting the single node cluster by command bin/start-dfs.sh first,
> after which i am executing the above mentioned script to start second
> datanode.

Did you try to do what the error message asks you to? Better still, you
should try to find where the message is coming from. I realize this is
not particularly a useful reply for a user but for a developer, I hope
it is.

I just wrote the example script in the mail editor. I did not test it..
may be 'export' before setting HADOOP_* env variables in the script is
required. Currently I use a different (a bit less elegant) method for
starting multiple nodes. When I switch to this method, I will post the
script.

better still, post your script once you get it to working.

Raghu.