hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Ajit Ratnaparkhi <ajit.ratnapar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Contributing to hadoop
Date Sun, 01 Mar 2009 08:06:24 GMT
Hi,
thanks for your help.

I tried the above mentioned script(one mentioned by Raghu), but whenever i
execute it, following message gets displayed,
*datanode running as process <process_id>. Stop it first*.
I am starting the single node cluster by command bin/start-dfs.sh first,
after which i am executing the above mentioned script to start second
datanode.

I also tried giving seperate changed configuration from a seperate directory
for config by executing command,
*bin/hadoop-daemons.sh --config <config-directory-path> start datanode*
Still it gives same message as above.

also in this thread before Ramya mentioned about DataNodeCluster.java. This
will help, but I am not getting how to execute this class. Can you please
help regarding this.

thanks,
-Ajit.