hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>
Subject Re: Dryad support
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 21:37:45 GMT
I do not believe Dryad is available outside of MS and some universities.

That said, Dryad is finer grained than MapReduce. That is, you would
build MapReduce using Dryad model elements, not the other way around.

Further, it offers no persistence layer, Cosmos FS is internal to MS
and seems to have low regard. The typical model is running Dryad over
a MS SQL Server cluster (partitioned tables).

If you are really referring to DryadLINQ like functionality (an API
that offers up the ability to chain explicit relational/set
operations), I suggest you take a look at Cascading.

cheers,
ckw

--
Chris K Wensel