hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From "ilayaraja" <ilayar...@rediff.co.in>
Subject Problem: Some blocks remain under replicated
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 05:24:57 GMT
Hello !

I am trying to increase the replication factor of a directory in our hadoop dfs from 1 to
2.
I observe that some of the blocks (12 out of 400) always remain under replicated, throwing
the following message when I do an 'fsck' :

                    Under replicated blk_9084408236031628003. Target Replicas is 2 but found
1 replica(s).

I thought it could be a problem with a specific data node in the cluster, however I observe
that the under replicated blocks belong to different data nodes .

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks.
Ilay