hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Bockelman <bbock...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Re: adding replication status to dfshealth.jsp
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 01:51:21 GMT
Hey Bill,

Have you tried the Ganglia or JMX stats from your namenode?

I.e., look here:

http://rcf.unl.edu/ganglia/?m=load_one&r=hour&s=descending&c=red-workers&h=hadoop-name&sh=1&hc=4&z=small

The dfs.FSNamesystem.UnderReplicatedBlocks metric should keep track of
what you're looking for.  You can query Ganglia or turn on JMX and use
one of the JMX/Nagios connectors.

Brian