hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Zheng Shao <zs...@facebook.com>
Subject anybody knows an apache-license-compatible impl of Integer.parseInt?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:55:49 GMT
We need to implement a version of Integer.parseInt/atoi from byte[] instead of String to avoid
the high cost of creating a String object.

I wanted to take the open jdk code but the license is GPL:

Does anybody know an implementation that I can use for hive (apache license)?

I also need to do it for Byte, Short, Long, and Double. Just don't want to go over all the
corner cases.

Solutions from c/c++ are OK (as long as the license does not conflict). I can translate it.