hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Bockelman <bbock...@cse.unl.edu>
Subject Re: multiple datanodes on single node cluster
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:04:06 GMT
Hey,

I'd add it's possible, but not necessary for day-to-day operations.

We've got one data node instance which manages 48 disks... the single
node can probably support all the disk activity you have.

I'm not sure how certain activities, such as putting a node into the
hostsExclude, would work with multiple data nodes.  One way to find out!

Brian