hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.19.1
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:51:15 GMT
On Feb 2, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Doug Judd wrote:

> What do you recommend?  Is there anyway we could get these two
> issues fixed
> for 0.19.1, or should I file issues for them and get them on the
> schedule
> for 0.19.2?

Given the outstanding problems and general level of uncertainty, I'd
favor releasing a 0.19.1 with the equivalent of the 0.18.3 disable on
fsync and append. Let's get them fixed in 0.20 first and then we can
debate whether the rewards of pushing them back into an 0.19.2 would
make sense. I'm pretty uncomfortable at the moment with how the entire
functional complex seems to cause a continuous stream of problems.

-- Owen