hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Raghu Angadi <rang...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: adding replication status to dfshealth.jsp
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 02:04:24 GMT

one more thing I forgot :

Another useful tool is 'bin/hadoop dfsadmin -metaSave'

This lists all the blocks that are under replicated. This is not very
official and not used much. It needs to be more user friendly (currently
it writes to a file on the NameNode)... I might improve (and/or rename)
it as a follow up to HADOOP-4103.

Stats like dfs.FSNamesystem.UnderReplicatedBlocks that Brain mentioned
are useful to find if there is some problem. And the commands like the
one above help in finding which specific blocks are in these states.

Raghu.