hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Raghu Angadi <rang...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: adding replication status to dfshealth.jsp
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 01:41:39 GMT

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-4103 will provide warnings
in near real-time about blocks with zero good replicas (without adding
any overhead). We can of course add on to it later to list up to 1000 of
under-replicated blocks for e.g.

The current (or at least till 0.20) dfshealth.jsp is pretty bad on NN
CPU since iterates over *all* the blocks (without holding the lock). It
takes many seconds to load the page if you say 70M blocks. There are
many problems with it.. the feature you are asking increases the
dependence on that. To do this feature properly we need to essentially
do fsck ...

Raghu.