hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.19.1
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 21:19:22 GMT
Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> +1. I agree: no review requirement for feature branches, and 1-5.
> I would add to this (6) merging a feature branch to an official branch
> goes through regular patch process, that is, a new jira is created with
> the patch attachment, which now goes through the review process.

Yes, I forgot (6).  But I don't think a new Jira is required.  The
branch is equivalent to a patch.  If folks review and +1 it, then it can
be merged to trunk.  An branch-backed issue shouldn't be marked as
"patch available" until it's ready to be reviewed.  Once it has been
merged to trunk then the branch can be removed.

>> Note that we do *not* want feature branches in external repositories,
>> since commits there would not generate commit messages to the dev list
>> nor would they generate links in Jira, etc.
>
> Didn't understand this: external to what? What is internal repository?

External to Apache's SVN, i.e., a Git repo on your own server.

Doug