hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Shvachko <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.19.1
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 00:23:16 GMT
 >  What do you recommend?

In general. There may be people/organizations, which will not compromise
on the reduced functionality in favor of the stability, this is understandable.
I would propose to create a separate (unofficial experimental) branch, which
would track changes like HADOOP-4379. The branch may later either die when the
main stream is fixed or be merged with the trunk if the changes proved to be stable.

 >1. the file length (as returned by getFileStatus) is incorrect

May be the following work around will be useful.
If you read from a file you always try to read more data than the length reported
by the name-node. How much more? The size of one block would be enough, or
even to the next (ceiling) block boundary.

 >2. When an application comes up after a crash, it seems to hang for about 60

Don't have enough context on that, sorry.

Thanks,
--Konstantin

Doug Judd wrote:
> Sounds good.  I would much rather wait and have fsync() done correctly in
> 0.20 than get some sort of hacked version in 0.19.  I'll create a couple of
> issues and mark them for 0.20  Thanks.
>
> - Doug
>
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 2, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Doug Judd wrote:
>>
>>  What do you recommend?  Is there anyway we could get these two issues
>>> fixed
>>> for 0.19.1, or should I file issues for them and get them on the schedule