hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.19.1
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 20:47:20 GMT
It sounds like we agree that we should release 0.19.1 with append
throwing a UnsupportedOperationException and sync getting the same
reduced semantics as 0.18.3.

I have filed 2 Jira's to get this done:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5224
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5225

When these are committed, I will roll a Hadoop 0.19.1 candidate release.

Nige

On Feb 2, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Doug Judd wrote:

> Sounds good.  I would much rather wait and have fsync() done
> correctly in
> 0.20 than get some sort of hacked version in 0.19.  I'll create a
> couple of
> issues and mark them for 0.20  Thanks.
>
> - Doug
>
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 2, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Doug Judd wrote:
>>
>> What do you recommend?  Is there anyway we could get these two issues
>>> fixed
>>> for 0.19.1, or should I file issues for them and get them on the
>>> schedule