hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Au <bill.w...@gmail.com>
Subject displaying decommissioned node in dfshealth.jsp
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:13:22 GMT
Right now a decommissioned datanode shows up as a dead datanode in
dfshealth.jsp.  I went into a case where a datanode failed after I have
decomissioned another datanode in the same Hadoop cluster.  They both show
up as dead datanodes, and the operation folks don't know which is which.  I
noticed that dfsadmin -report does show the admin state of the
decommissioned datanode as "Decommissioned".  So I am thinking that if we
add a "Admin State" column in the Dead Datanodes table in dfshealth.jsp
(similar to the existing Admin State column in the Live Datanodes table), it
will be clear if a dead datanode was in service or was decommissioned.

The change/addition to dfshealth.jsp is simple and straight forward.  I am
willing to submit a patch via jira.  Should I go ahead?

Bill