hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Amandeep Khurana <ama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HDFS architecture based on GFS?
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:36:06 GMT
Thanks Matie

I had gone through the architecture document online. I am currently working
on a project towards Security in Hadoop. I do know how the data moves around
in the GFS but wasnt sure how much of that does HDFS follow and how
different it is from GFS. Can you throw some light on that?

Security would also involve the Map Reduce jobs following the same
protocols. Thats why the question about how does the Hadoop framework
integrate with the HDFS, and how different is it from Map Reduce and GFS.
The GFS and Map Reduce papers give a good information on how those systems
are designed but there is nothing that concrete for Hadoop that I have been
able to find.

Amandeep

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student