hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release Hadoop 0.19.1 (candidate 0)
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 00:28:46 GMT
I have created a candidate build for Hadoop 0.19.1.

This release fixes some data loss issues in 0.19.0 and introduces an
incompatible change by disabling the file append API (HADOOP-5224). As
you can see in Jira, there are still a couple mapreduce blockers for
0.19.1.  I propose we move these blockers to 0.19.2 and release 0.19.1
quickly to resolve the more serious file system issues.  A +1 vote
means you agree with this course of action and believe the candidate
build ready to release.

*** Please download, test and vote before the
*** vote closes on Monday, February 23.

http://people.apache.org/~nigel/hadoop-0.19.1-candidate-0/

Cheers,
Nigel